ASALAAM-WA-ALAIKUM LADIES ,
YAY ! It’s December and everyone is on holiday mode ! Whether you heading an hour or two away or flying across the country , theres nothing better than getting away for few days of relaxation and family time. The last thing we want is to stress about WHAT AM I GOING TO PACK . I thought I’d take this time figuring out the best hijabi travel check list for all hijabis , I know, you can thank me later 🙂
So firstly, as a hijabi packing light is always an issue because of the amount of abayas , scarves and under garments you have to cart with. Almost like you have to pack an extra outfit for each day , so let’s narrow that down by maybe having some sort of a holiday theme when it comes to colors or designs .
- Pack a day time abaya which can be paired with a lot of different flip flops , crop tops or even scarves. In this way you carry less abayas . All you need to do is change around accessories on the same abaya.
- Pack along 1 beach type abaya , either open style or a big fitting abaya , so that you still modest and comfortable as well.
- Pack an abaya for the night out or supper etc. Carry accessories such as neck chains , earrings , funky rings or the in trend hand bracelets. This way ,you carry very few abayas along .
PACKING TIPS :
- buy few big ziplock packets and pack your abaya , scarf and which ever other accessories to going to pair with that specific abaya in 1 packet. Just makes your bag more organized and neater to find stuff .
- Or the perfect way use a suit hanger for keeping your abayas neat and easy to cart with .
- Pack few different colors , makes life easier than packing whole lot of scarves in the same or similar colors. I know we all tend to pack same colors with different patterns , let’s get real and pack light .
- Remember to pack you container of pins and head accessories ( don’t over do it ) .
- Scarves are not a very expensive thing to buy , we all shop on holiday , you can always go buy if need be :-p
- We all love our make-up but let’s be good and carry just our favorite foundation rather then all the different brands. That goes for your blush and bronzer and lipstick too . Let’s do a smaller make-up bag.
- Also try to take along travel friendly products, try to avoid packing that’s breakable,messy, leaky ect.
- We all tend to over pack shoes, be sure to pack more neutral colors that would go with most of your cloths rather then each and every color .
- do not take two of the same colors “just invade” rather try on your stuff from home and pack less.
UNDER ABAYA GARMENTS
- Pack what is necessary , do not pack separate pants for the day and night , or separated for under the abaya and for wearing at the hotel room . Too much to take along , make life easier 🙂
- if you ve already carrying any top to wear over the abaya for the day , do not carry different tops to wear in your hotel room. Instead remove abaya and wear the same top .
- Pair of sunglasses
- a sun hat
- sunblock and after sun
- beach mat
- Beach sarong/ coverup
- modest swimwear
- maybe a kimono to throw over ! For after the swim
With all the above been said , whether you are a hijabi or not , make a check list and tick everything that has been packed. Just makes life easier and you don’t forget anything behind .
HAPPY HOLIDAYS 🙂